Earlier this week I mentioned I had found my new favorite cupcake, and I said I would share it soon. You aren’t still mad at me for holding out right? ;) Today I’m back to share it! Triple white chocolate cupcakes. Go ahead a say that a few times….t-r-i-p-l-e…w-h-i-t-e…c-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e…c-u-p-c-a-k-e-s White chocolate cake, stuffed with a white chocolate truffle, and topped with a white chocolate cream cheese. The white chocolate cream cheese icing is smooth and delicious…and the white chocolate truffle hidden in the middle takes these to a whole new level. Yuuummmmmmm. If there ever was an official mommy cupcake this would be it. I’m not playing around here :)
Have you come down off your white chocolate dream cloud yet? It’s ok nobody saw the drooling, promise.
Of course since white chocolate is my fav, I’ve made white chocolate icing in the past… and it was good but it just wasn’t perfect. I couldn’t find a very easy way of flavoring the icing with the white chocolate and after lots of trial and error I made a pretty good white chocolate buttercream, but it was still a pain to make and store. Just a few minutes in the fridge would harden the chocolate and the icing never went back to a nice soft icing.
So when I came across Philadelphia’s new white chocolate Indulgence, I knew I just had to make it into an icing. What kinda of person would I be if I didn’t?! White chocolate cream cheese, I’m completely convinced this came straight from heaven, seriously St. Peter has to actually open the gates of heaven and allow shipments of these to fly down and grace our supermarkets weekly. And we thought those Philadelphia commercials of angels eating cream cheese on clouds were just paid actors and digital effects…..clearly there was more then we knew going on.
Some how I lost my step by step photos I took of the process?! I managed to find a few to share with you…sorry about the lack of nice step by step photos.
Here’s what your going to need to bake up a batch of these heavenly mommy cupcakes:
White Chocolate Cupcakes
1 box white cake mix
1/2 box Jell-O white chocolate pudding
1/2 cup sour cream
4 egg whites
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
2 packages white chocoalte Lindt truffles
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
1 container white chocolate Indulgence
1 TSP vanilla extract (clear is possible)
1/2 cup room temp unsalted butter
4-6 TBS milk
This recipe makes and ices 24 cupcakes.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Mix together cake mix, 1/2 box white chocolate pudding, sour cream, egg whites, water, and oil until fully combined. I don’t measure out the pudding exactly…I just pinch the packet at about half way, tear off top and pour in about half. Then put the other half back in the box for next time.
Step 3: Add 3TBS of batter to each cupcake liner, bake for 16-18 minutes. When done the top will just start to turn golden and should spring back when touched. Toothpick will come out clean of course. Let cool.
Step 4: Once cool, core your cupcakes to create room for the truffle. I like to do so using a large round icing tip. Just insert and pull out to remove a small amount of cake. Then push your truffles down inside.
Step 1: Beat butter until fluffy then add in white chocolate cream cheese. Beat until blended well. Mix in vanilla extract.
Step 2: Add in 4 cups of powdered sugar one cup at a time, beating in between each one.
Step 3: Add in milk 1TBS at a time until desired consistency. I like my icing to be on the stiff side so I only add 4.
That’s it! So easy right? These cupcakes went over so well for ladies night…and almost everybody that tried them has already requested the recipe. So if your hosting a girls night or just need a good cupcake (or 10) and a glass of wine…these little ladies are perfect. My best advice for these however….hide them from the kids…and maybe the hubby. ;)
Just one more thing…remember since these are cream cheese based you will need to store these in the fridge. Just pull them out and let sit for about an hour before serving so the icing may soften up again.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/2 box Jell-O white chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 packages white chocoalte Lindt truffles
- 1 container white chocolate Indulgence
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1TSP vanilla extract (clear is best)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4-6 TBS milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together cake mix, 1/2 box white chocolate pudding, sour cream, egg whites, water, and oil until fully combined.
- Add 3TBS of batter to each cupcake liner, bake for 16-18 minutes at 350 degrees F. When done the top will just start to turn golden and should spring back when touched. Toothpick will come out clean.
- Once cool, core your cupcakes to create room for the truffle. One way to do so is to use a large round icing tip. Just insert and pull out to remove a small amount of cake. Then push your truffles down inside.
- Beat butter until fluffy then add in white chocolate cream cheese. Beat until blended well.
- Add in 1 TSP vanilla extract, clear works best to not tint the icing.
- Add in 4 cups of powdered sugar one cup at a time, beating in between each one.
- Add in milk 1TBS at a time until desired consistency. I like my icing to be on the stiff side so I only add 4.