I know what you’re thinking…but it’s September now and the whole world is jumping on the “all things pumpkin bandwagon” why are you posting more ice cream? Just kidding about the last part…there’s no such thing as too much ice cream and we all know it! You see, I haven’t quiet adjusted to living in the desert yet, and it’s incredibly hard to get pumped up about Pumpkin Spice Lattes when it’s still over 100 degrees. The kiddos are back in school but the summer is far from gone, and after the hot trek home from school in our black leather seated sauna on wheels, the kiddos are begging for something cold, so I’ve been whipping up more quick and easy homemade ice cream!
Plus, I just found this insanely adorable reusable ice cream tub at HomeGoods and it would have been poor desert karma of me not to use it…right? Seriously, it’s the cutest ever! The lid is a nice silicone for an easy fit, this recipe fits perfectly in it!
This ice cream is seriously my favorite strawberry ice cream ever, it tastes exactly like Strawberry Creme Savers! The secret to it is Strawberry Creme Pudding by JELLO, seriously it’s awesome. And as always, no machine needed, just a whip together a few ingredients and freeze!
Here’s what you’re going to need:
1 8oz Tub Cool Whip
2 3.4oz Packages JELLO Strawberry Cream Pudding
2 Cups Milk
1 Cup Chopped Fresh Strawberries
1. In a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of an electric mixer beat together pudding and milk. Place in fridge for 5 minutes to firm.
2. Once pudding has firmed up in fridge add entire tub of cool whip and whip until combined.
Fold in strawberries with spatula.
3. Place ice cream in a 1 quart or larger container and place in freezer overnight or at least 6-8 hours.
It’s really THAT easy! Once your hooked on this easy peasy ice cream be sure to come back and check out more ice cream flavors here!
- 1 8oz Tub Cool Whip
- 2 3.4oz Packages JELLO Strawberry Cream Pudding
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Chopped Fresh Strawberries
- In a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of an electric mixer beat together pudding and milk. Place in fridge for 5 minutes to firm.
- Once pudding has firmed up in fridge add entire tub of cool whip and whip until combined.
- Fold in strawberries with spatula.
- Place ice cream in a 1 quart or larger container and place in freezer overnight or at least 6-8 hours.