It’s officially August and that means soon school will be back in session! Thankfully in NY we still have a month before we have to swap our suncreen and flip flops for books and pencils…but I know many of you are starting as early as next week! Which makes the perfect time to bring back my PB & J cupcakes to the blog!
So while you’re getting ready to whip up those PB&J’s assembly line style…why not treat them with a PB&J cupcake as the perfect after school snack! These cupcakes have a fluffy white cake filled with yummy jelly and topped with a smooth peanut butter icing.
Here’s what you’re going to need:
Duncan Hines Classic White Cake Mix
3 Egg Whites
1 Cup Water
1/3 Cup Mayo
Grape Or Strawberry Jelly To Fill
Peanut Butter Buttercream
2 Cups Peanut Butter
2 Sticks Butter
5 Cups Powdered Sugar
1-3 TBS Milk
Makes approx. 24 cupcakes.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350. Mix together cake mix, mayo, water, and egg whites.
Step 2: Spoon 3 TBS of cake batter into each cupcake liner. Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes. Allow to cool.
Step 3: After the cupcakes have cooled, core the cupcakes. I find this is really easy to do using a large round icing tip.
Step 4: Fill the cupcakes with jelly using a piping bag and a medium/large round tip. Insert the tip deep down into the cupcake and fill each to the top.
Step 5: To make the icing, beat together butter and peanut butter in the bowl of an electric mixer. Slowly add in powdered sugar. Mix in milk 1-3 TBS at a time until you reach desired consistency. (I only used 1 this will depend on the thickness of your peanut butter.
Step 6: Ice cupcakes and enjoy!
Totally kid approved, 0-99 ;)I mean who doesn’t love a PB & J!
- Duncan Hines Classic Cake Mix
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Mayo
- Grape Or Strawberry Jelly
- 2 Cups Peanut Butter
- 2 Sticks Butter
- 5 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1-3 TBS Milk
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 350. Mix together cake mix, egg whites, water, and sour cream.
- Step 2: Spoon 3 TBS of cake batter into each cupcakes liner. Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Step 3: Core cupcakes using a large round piping tip.
- Step 4: Using a piping bag and medium/large round piping tip fill cupcakes with jelly.
- Step 5: In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together butter and peanut butter. Slowly add in powdered sugar until fully combined. Add in milk 1 TBS at a time until desired consistency is reached.